This one drove me bananas.
I will concede that I may have missed a line somewhere but I don’t think I did. There are several excellent and free documents on Migrating Public Folders to Office 365 such as the one from Microsoft or this excellent reference from MSExchange.org.
However no matter what I did I ended up with an error like this EACH and EVERY time!
Error at row 1: ‘\’,’Mailbox1′. The root folder must be mapped to the primary hierarchy mailbox:PublicFolderMailbox.
Where “PublicFolderMailbox” was the actual name I assigned to the Public Folder Mailbox in Office 365.
I checked high and low and nobody could give me a “why”
Well the “Why” was pretty obvious after I looked at. Here was my .CSV file generated from the Migration
Turns out the “Mailbox1” should be the name of your target “Public Folder” mailbox which in my case I named (Look up there ^^^ “PublicFolderMailbox”)
Changing the file to read like this
And now the rest goes easy 🙂
The Energized Tech